How To Choose Bridesmaid Dresses that Can Be Worn After The Wedding
Have you seen that soup commercial with the lovely young lady in the not so lovely bridesmaid dress? She isn’t very happy with her sister the bride’s choice of a dress for her and you definitely can’t blame her. It’s just a commercial, but it happens every day in real life. Being a bridesmaid can be expensive, so it would be great to choose really beautiful dresses that your bridesmaids will get some use out of after the wedding. You don’t want to be the bride that chose the ugly dresses that they will never wear again, so here are some tips on how to choose bridesmaid dresses that can be worn after the wedding.
1. Stick with classic styles and colors. Certain cuts never go out of style and these are the best choices. Neutral, muted or classic colors are perfect. If you choose something to “loud” or too trendy, your bridesmaid will not get much more use from it.
2. Look for something that can be either dressed up or down. You may be getting married on the beach and high heels are the best option for walking in the sand. Choose something that looks great with flats but that she can also wear with heels for a night on the town. Versatility is very important if your bridesmaids will be wearing their dresses for other occasions.
3. Choose figure flattering dresses. Everyone has a different body type and you want something that each of your bridesmaids will feel comfortable and beautiful in. If they hate the way they look in the dress, you can bet they will never wear it again.
4. Put yourself in their shoes. If you chose someone as a bridesmaid, chances are you know them quite well. Try to look at dresses through their eyes. If you know baby blue looks great on one bridesmaid but another bridesmaid can’t stand baby blue, consider choosing the same dress in different complimentary colors. If it’s a color they love, chances are better that they will wear it again.
5. Give your bridesmaids some rules to go by such as color scheme, length, style, etc. and let them choose their own dresses. Of course ask them to run it by you before they make a final decision so that you can be sure it fits into your wedding and looks appropriate.
Use my tips to choose bridesmaid dresses that can be worn after the wedding. Your bridesmaids will look and feel amazing and they won’t be hiding those gorgeous dresses in the back of the closet anytime soon.
What kind of bridesmaid dresses do you plan on using at your wedding? Leave me a comment and let me know.
Or use the share buttons below and share them with your friends!
Check out my article on 5 Wedding dress ideas for $50 or less!
Still need a few items or ideas for your wedding? Check out these items, these are my affiliate links so I may earn a nickel when you shop with me. I found a beautiful bridesmaid dress here that I would have loved to wear! Fashion Plaza One-shoulder Chiffon Bridesmaid Formal Evening Party Dress D0126 (US4, Purple) Need a pricecheck on mints?Darice VL09560 Mr. and Mrs. Buttermints Wrap, 50-Pack Or maybe looking for those bubbles? Wedding Gown Bubble Bottles, pack of 24 Are you looking for roses for the flowergirl? Big Value Rose Petals, 300-Piece, Red Looking for a beautiful wedding veil?Loveshop Top-level Quality 3 Meter Long Single-layer Embroidery Lace Edge Bridal Wedding Veil(White) Here’s a great book for planning your wedding!
Happy Wedding planning!