The first 5 minutes when your spouse or yourself arrives home are the most important minutes in your family’s day. Make sure that you reconnect in those early minutes. Those first few minutes set the tone for how the rest of the evening will go. My dear husband and I always spend that first 5 minutes alone with each other. No children allowed. Here’s some quick and easy ways to reconnect with your spouse.
1. Use those first 5 minutes and protect them for just you and your spouse. Talk and share about your day. This serves to remind you of the reasons that you married them to begin with.
2. Touch and hug your spouse. Some very serious endorphins get released when you are hugging another human being. Make it your spouse and enjoy that surge of good feelings.
3. Text fun messages to them through out the day. Not to remind the of things but just to tell them that you love them. You may be far away by distance so connecting through texts is like a little love note to your significant other.
4. Plan a date night and keep the activities of the date a secret. Then email them little hints about your special night up until the night you go on the date! Fun and mysterious.
5. Make sure you date your spouse. I know kids and lack of money get in the way. But you can be a force to be reckoned with together if you work on your relationship and make it a priority. What is more precious then your marriage? Nothing! Work on it and keep that spark alive. How do you reconnect with your spouse or partner? Leave me a comment and let us all know other ways to keep the spark alive!